[Users] Buffer overflow with Xlog

Jose Maria Gonzalez melopsitaco at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:17:34 CET 2005

Here is the segment of config file where the errors occur:

        switch(retcode){
                case 1:
                        xlog("L_ERR","Has been selected the 1 index");
                        route(1);
                        break;
                case 2:
                        xlog("L_ERR","Has been selected the 2 index");
                        route(2);
                        break;
        }
        xlog("L_ERR","Destination uri [$du]");

The error of buffer overflow appears only inside the switch routine.
The last log, Destination uri, appears without any problem.
It's quite extrange.

2005/11/7, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro>:
> Hi Jose,
>
> seams to be a problem is xlog. Does the error appear only in case + xlog
> configuration, or that xlog call, whatever his place is, produces the error?
>
> regards,
> bogdan
>
> Jose Maria Gonzalez wrote:
>
> >I have installed openser v1.0 and it is working perfectly. But I have
> >a problem with the xlog module. Many times I've got the following
> >error:
> >
> >Nov  7 11:28:34 localhost openser[1736]: xl_printf: buffer overflow --
> >increase the buffer size...
> >
> >The line that produces this error is this (it is inside a case stament):
> >xlog("L_ERR","Has been selected the 1 index");
> >
> >I have tried to increase the buffer size in the following form:
> >modparam("xlog","buf_size",8192)
> >
> >No matters the size that I put on the line buf_size, I always get the
> >same error.
> >I thing that a buffer size of 8kb should be enough for this log
> >message, isn't it?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >--
> >Salu2: