[Users] Re: [Devel] roadmap to v1.1.0

Mon Nov 7 11:22:26 CET 2005

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> - generic communication interface which must offer an abstract layer between
>   core/modules and transports (e.g., fifo, unix sockets)
> - move the code of the implemented trasports as module
> - NAPTR lookup

with failover to next server/protocol? interpret ICMP error messages

> - TLS multi-domain support
> - TLS configuration values to be set via a module, to keep core less exposed

I will write a separe emails for my TLS ideas :-)

> - security checks of destination addess (white/black lists)

maybe not only based on IP address, but IP address, port and protocol
(which may be also * for all ports/protocols)

> [enum]
> [-] - parallel/serial forking based on order and preference fields

isn't this already possible using load_gw, next_gw?

> [postgres]
> - connection pool
> - shift to memory manager used by openser

there was a big patch by jan for ser - maybe we can use this patch.

klaus