[Serusers] SER Reports "out of memory"

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon May 30 22:33:04 CEST 2005

On 30-05-2005 21:56, Greger V. Teigre wrote:
> > Database updates will not assume anything about the state of the
> > database so it should not matter if the entry still exists / does not
> > exists / has been modified..
>
> I assume another ser server receiving an update must both write to DB and
> do a t_replicate to other ser servers who then do save_memory() as Paul
> responded in his last email to Karl?

  t_replicate and save_memory will be necessary no more. Updates will
  propagate through the database. You can use mysql cluster and then all
  ser instances can be configured with the same table -- mysql cluster
  can handle conflict resolution internally.

> > There is one drawback though -- nathelper as it is implemented right
> > now will not work anymore -- we would need to rewrite it to use the
> > contents of the database.
>
> Are you referring to the ping feature only or are there other things as
> well? Reading all NATed devices from DB every 30 seconds?

  Yes, I am referring to the NAT pinger. We would need something that
  would walk through the entries in the database and send ping packets
  to those that are behind NAT.

     Jan.