[Serusers] SER Reports "out of memory"

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon May 30 11:36:01 CEST 2005

At 03:40 AM 5/30/2005, Java Rockx wrote:
>Currently, usrloc is replicated via t_replicate() using db_mode=writeback.
>
>However, our lazy-load patch would obsolete the need for t_replicate() because we have multiple MySQL servers that are active-active so __all__ replication really occurs at the database layer rather than the SIP layer.

So this is the point which I am still struggling with. I mean generally there is a problem
of read-write intenstive UsrLoc operations. We can move it from SIP to DB. However, whichever
layer we choose to solve the problem, it takes careful dimensioning. Otherwise the
replication mechanism may cause peformance problems.

What Mysql setup are you exactly using? Cluster? Master/slave replication?

Otherwise I think that the cache policy "load-on-demand" makes sense.

-jiri