[Serusers] G723.1 vs G729

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Fri May 27 09:56:10 CEST 2005

Answering a question like that is impossible. It depends on your deployment
scenario, what you are trying to achieve, the type of service you are
delivering etc.  The MOS value for G729 is 4.0, I believe (G711 has 4.3),
with G723 well below 4.0.  Thus, the perceived quality of the call will be
considerable less than for 729.  WAN-type deployments tend to prefer G729.
g-)