[Serusers] ser & asterisk: sharing auth info

Lol Zimmerli lolzim at worldcom.ch
Fri May 27 01:14:41 CEST 2005

Hello,

I must use ser to forward calls to asterisk. It is a bit unclear for
me on how to handle auth then. Should the user auth in ser and then
ser forward auth info to asterisk? In this case, I must keep passwords
in sync and it is not easy since asterisk store them as md5 hash (on
the password) and ser can only handle plaintext or md5 hash, but on
"user:realm:clearpassword".
There's probably something I missed!

I would be very happy if someone who did a
user --> ser --> asterisk --> user
can give us its ser.cfg (or parts of) and also correspondig tips on
asterisk's sip.conf

Thanks to the one(s) who can bring me back on earth!

--
# Lol Zimmerli  //  S y s C o ®  //  http://www.sysco.ch/
Use free-form input when possible.