[Serusers] call PSTN -> SIP

smy at addm.com smy at addm.com
Mon May 23 09:20:02 CEST 2005

Hi all

I've done the same where SER can pass calls to my CISCO and Lucent EXCEL switch,
but when EXCEL tries to pass calls to SER (even when I placed the src ip into
the MYSQL trusted table), it seems like the call just hung there.  Also,
instead of using the default SIP port (5060), I have changed it to something
else since the internet in China doesn't provide 100% non-restricted
communications, they sometime block or filter ports & data.
Based on this, I have the EXCEL sent data based on my customized port (eg.
5000).  but when I view the /var/log/messages, it passes the call to my IP
PHONE using standard 5060 port.  How do I go about solving this???

Also, I'm using Mediaproxy for NAT environment, if calls from Cisco/Excel were
to sent to SER (while SER is authenticating the gateways via trusted table),
how would the calls be proxied and sent to an IP PHONE running behind a
router??  I need the calls to be proxied!  Does anyone have a solution for
this?!?  Please advise!!

Best Regards,
Samuel Yeung