[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] semget failed

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Sat May 21 17:26:13 CEST 2005

On May 20, 2005 at 16:15, Jorge Crichigno <jcrichigno at conexion.com.py> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have a problem when starting SER 0.9.0 an a linux ppc64. The trace is as follow:

>  unixsock_register_cmd: New command (t_uac_cancel) registered
>  0(0) unixsock_register_cmd: New command (t_hash) registered
>  0(0) unixsock_register_cmd: New command (t_reply) registered
>  0(0) DEBUG: lock_initialize: lock initialization started
>  0(0) ERROR: lock_set_init (SYSV): semget (..., 251, 0700) failed: Invalid argument
>  0(0) DEBUG: lock_initialize: entry semaphore initialization failure:  Invalid argument
>  0(0) DEBUG: lock_initialize: first time semaphore allocation failure
>  0(0) INFO: semaphore arrays of size 250 allocated

Don't worry, this is normal, it happens when ser probes for the maximum
size of the semaphore array.

See http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serdev/2005-April/004339.html.

On the other hand, ser would work much better with native ppc64 locking
support (but for this I would need access to a ppc64 machine, or someone
willing to compile some test programs and report back errors).

Could you send the uname -m output?

Andrei