[Serusers] sip load balancing

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Thu May 19 10:22:27 CEST 2005

I see. Have you looked at what the lcr module can do?  You could possibly
create patterns for different gateways and thus create a "static" load
balancing with multiple GWs that can be picked up in failure route.
    If not, maybe extending dispatcher could be an idea?  It's generally
better to build on existing functionality in existing modules than to
introduce another one.  Your module would then probably not be taken into
CVS...
g-)

a c wrote:
> [...]
> another server on the dispatcher list if one of the
> servers fail. So I need to have a dedicated backup
> server {failure route} just to field these calls. I
> guess this cannot be done since the dispatcher is a
> stateless module {like Andrei mentioned}
>
> alex
>

> --- "Greger V. Teigre" <greger at teigre.com> wrote:
>
>> I assume you have looked at dispatcher module.
>> Without completely
>> understanding what you are trying to accomplish: Why
>> can't use that module?
>> g-)
>>
>> Karunakar Chemudugunta wrote:
>>> I have a same problem as explained below.
>>>
>>> PSTN ---> VOIP GATEWAY(Cisco AS5400) -->
>> SER-------> Multiple media
>>> gateways.
>>>
>>> Planning to depoy media servers which can able to
>> running IVR
>>> fuctionality and would like to use SER in front of
>> lot of media
>>> gateways.
>>>
>>> Each media gateway, might be running lot of user
>> agents which are able
>>> to serve IVR fuctionality. all these user agents
>> are going to register
>>> with SER with <media server hostname_channel
>> number>  format as user
>>> name. Eg. mediaserver1_ch1 at mydomain.com
>>>
>>> Otherside, SER will receive call from PSTN through
>> VOIP Gateway with
>>> multiple DIDs and these calls need to route calls
>> to media gateways (
>>> typical hosted call center environment )
>>>

>>> I have tried with lot of possibities using ser.cfg
>> file and did n't
>>> find way to route calls to media gateways.
>>>
>>> Just I am thinking, it would be possible to write
>> another module or
>>> part of userloc module, which gives a routing
>> fuctionality like cyclic
>>> or rotary senarios which helps load balancing and
>> easy maintenance of
>>> media servers.
>>>
>>> Possible solution
>>> ------------------------------
>>> Lets assume, if we have resource file called
>> resource.cfg which has
>>> all did and resource mapping. All resource names
>> are substring of
>>> usernames of useragents in media servers.
>>> resource.cfg
>>> ##########################################
>>> resource:resource1 =
>>>

> mediaserver1,mediaserver2,mediaserver3,mediaserver4,mediaserver5
>>>
>>> did:8005551212 = cyclic:resource1
>>> did:8005551213 = rotary:resource1
>>>
>>> ##########################################
>>>
>>> every invite message need to call fuction like lookup_route()
>>> instead of lookup() in ser.cfg
>>>

>>> this fuction instenally calls routing module,
>> searches for did in
>>> resource file and get corresponding resource type(
>> rotary or cylic),
>>> resource name.
>>>
>>> search each resource member in useloc using
>> function get_urecord  and
>>> it if avaialbe and route calls to that particar

>>> 2.  Finds resource name for DID