[Serusers] Error Code 392 Nosiy feedback Warning

Kofi Obiri-Yeboah kofi at radiocomplex.com
Wed May 18 23:43:26 CEST 2005

In December of 2002, there was a question about this error Message: Warning 392:
Nosiy feedback tells ..
The following was Jiri's answer:
"That is additional information on request processing: pid of answering process,
source address from which a request came, incoming URI, outgoing URI and number
of via's in replied request. Good for troubleshooting. Anyone in a SIP path
sees better what is happening and can report it to SIP admin. Can be turned off
using sip_warning option, but  I don't recommend doing so."

Can anybody please explain what exactly the noisy feedback is. It is obvious
that the feedback is coming from the SER server. I am able to register
successfully with the server. When I try dialing  another registered user I
receive this warning and in the details get a 404 error message. The strange
thing is that the other registered person is able to dial and and am able to
receive his call.

Should the sequence of making a call through SER indicate dialing, ringing and
connected?

Has this sequence got anything to do with the Error code 392?

Any "light" appreciated

KOFI

At 09:47 PM 12/9/2002, Greg Fausak wrote:
>I am constantly seeing this warning:
>
>Warning: 392 216.87.128.67:5060 "Noisy feedback tells: pid=3961
req_src_ip=216.87.128.68 in_uri=sip:216.87.128.67 out_uri=sip:216.87.128.67
via_cnt==1".