[Serusers] Multiple Registration Servers

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Wed May 18 07:21:04 CEST 2005

As several people have pointed out, you have a bottleneck somewhere in your
system.  I have not seen numbers on the penalty you get for using mysql for
authentication, I wouldn't think it is much. However, if you get hundreds if
registration attempts simultaneously, you will reach the limit, sooner or
later. I would guess you get your problems with the database lookups.  Try
hitting mysql with a high load directly and performance tune mysql. Take a
look at this:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/server-parameters.html
You should most definitely increase max_connections as mentioned earlier.
Also, with 4,000 accounts, mysql should be able to cache all the users.

Would appreciate you reporting back to your list on your results!
g-)