[Serusers] Multiple Registration Servers

Darren Nay dnay at ionosphere.net
Mon May 16 19:38:20 CEST 2005

Senad,  Thanks for your response.

There are several reasons.

The 2 biggest are..

1 - We offer our customers the option to forward calls when an IAD is not
registered .. In order to do that the registration interval needs to be
relatively low.

2 - We've had some issues with setting registration intervals higher than 10
minutes.  It seems to work about 99.5% of the time, but occaisionally an
endpoint won't reregister before the reg interval on SER times out.  I
believe this is a bug in our endpoint and have been working with them on
that.  Setting the reg interval below 10 minutes has eliminated that problem
for the time being .. However, even if this problem was fixed by the IAD
manufacturer we still have the first reason (above) that would keep us from
being able to increase the interval.

Darren