[Serusers] session timers

Jorge Crichigno jcrichigno at conexion.com.py
Sat May 14 05:12:50 CEST 2005

Hi All,

    I have the following question: I would like to know if there is an
extension and/or and RFC related with timer sessions. The idea is to use
timer sessions in final users, in order to shut down sessions at
pre-defined times (at the begining of them) without necessity of deal
with timer at servers (no necessity of dialog statefull servers). As far
as I know, there is draft, "Session Timers in the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP)", draft-ietf-sip-session-timer-15 (july 2004), which is
already implemented by some companies like Addpac. But, it is not
directly applicable to our necessity (it is just a mechanism of
keep-alive).

  Thanks in advance!

                        Jorge