[Serusers] dispatcher addition?

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Fri May 13 19:29:12 CEST 2005

On May 13, 2005 at 15:17, Hendrik Scholz <hendrik.scholz at freenet-ag.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm playing around with the dispatcher module and got it working but ran
> into some expected problems.
> Once I load-balance registrations I do run into the situation that
> I won't be able to know where to redirect an INVITE, i.e. due to aliases.
> If I use 'touri' to balance registers (let's pretend all registers
> have usernames not phone numbers) I can spread those (almost) evenly
> across multiple servers.
> Once I receive an invite for a username I can use the dispatcher
> function with the 'touri' hash to properly forward the request.
> What happens if I INVITE a phone number?
> A user might have an alias (aka his phone number) but since he
> registered with his username and all we know in the INVITE is the
> phone number the hashes might differ.

Balance the REGISTERs after the to uri and the INVITEs after the request
uris (ds_select_dst("..", "3"), not documented but present in unstable).

If the uri is an alias (e.g. lookup("aliases") returns true) balance the
message again after the request uri/send it back to the load balancer.
An extra round trip might be involved, but if your users don't use
aliases very often it might not be an issue.

Andrei