[Serusers] Does SER compile on other architectures?

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Fri May 13 16:07:38 CEST 2005

Hoi!

Maybe Andrei can help you more than I since he's "responsible" for porting SER to *ALL*  platforms . Taking a look at Makefile.defs you find the next platforms, which can be assigned with the macro ARCH:
    *sparc64
    *i386
    *arm
    *ppc
    *mips
Depending on the concrete board, you might have to tune the compilation with CC_EXTRA_OPTS or similar....just experiment and provide feedback!!!
(I'm sure SER can be even ported to more platforms.............)

For more info, check old posts to the developers mailing list.

Thanks again to SER developers!
Samuel.

Unclassified.
>> Wojciech Ziniewicz <WojtekZ at Optocomp.PL> 05/13/05 03:07PM >>>
Hello list,
I would like to compile SER on other architecture then k7 or x86. I have
some candidates:

http://store.mini-box.com/ituner/viamo.html
http://www.routerboard.com
http://www.pcengines.ch/wrap.htm
http://www.soekris.com
Is SER rather Platform independent ? Or do i have to make up ports for every
platform (I am not so keen on programming in C so it would be good to not to
change the code :P)

--
Pozdrawiam,
Wojciech Ziniewicz