[Serusers] Re: sip load balancing with 0.9.0 - problems routing

a c lra101 at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 15:57:36 CEST 2005

hello Andrei,

I got this working and it is load balancing ok between
the 2 endpoints. I have noticed that SER does not
switch over to a different endpoint in the  dispatcher
list if one of the endpoints is down. Do I need to
enable this somehow or is this functionality not
implemented?

Could someone verify the routing logic below? Is this
ok?

thank you
ac

-- ser.cfg --

route{

        # initial sanity checks -- messages with
        # max_forwards==0, or excessively long
requests
        if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
                sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
                break;
        };
        if ( msg:len > max_len ) {
                sl_send_reply("513", "Message too
big");
                break;
        };

        # we record-route all messages -- to make sure
that
        # subsequent messages will go through our
proxy; that's
        # particularly good if upstream and downstream
entities
        # use different transport protocol
        record_route();
        # loose-route processing
        if (loose_route()) {
                t_relay();
                break;
        # if the request is for other domain use
UsrLoc
        # (in case, it does not work, use the
following command
        # with proper names and addresses in it)
        if (uri==myself) {

                if (method=="REGISTER") {

# Uncomment this if you want to use digest
authentication
#                       if
(!www_authorize("iptel.org", "subscriber")) {
#
www_challenge("iptel.org", "0");
#                               break;
#                       };

                        save("location");
                        break;
                };

                # native SIP destinations are handled
using our USRLOC DB
                #if (!lookup("location")) {
                #       sl_send_reply("404", "Not
Found");
                #       break;
                #};
        };
        # forward to current uri now; use stateful
forwarding; that
        # works reliably even if we forward from TCP
to UDP
                ds_select_dst("1", "0");
        if (!t_relay()) {
                sl_reply_error();