[Serusers] QoS with rtp

Lucas Aimaretto lucas at cyneric.com
Wed May 11 21:27:41 CEST 2005

> Easiest solution: buy phones which have QoS tagging build in.
> Second easiest solution: but your phones into a dedicated
> sub-network. Then it
> is easy to identify phone traffic according to the IP.

Well ... first solution is nice ... but I have many phones allready.
Second one has many problems

	- 1: If it is a softphone, I'll be giving high priority to the
PC holding the soft phone and I just want to prioritize RTP. service,
not all the services of that PC.
	- 2: Lets say I use fix ports for softphone's rtp ... but kind
of messy if too many softphones.
	- 3: If doing NAT, according to the KTPD ( Kernel Travelling
Packet Diagram ), I could not prioritize by source IP, because, at QoS
STAGE, the packet was allready nated, and so, all packets would match.

Regards,

Lucas