[Serusers] SIP-PSTN Termination

Matt morris mmorris36 at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 19:07:08 CEST 2005

Hello List,

This isn't really a technical question, but probably rather a question about
SER's acceptance by the termination service provider out there. I have been
looking around for a termination service provider out there that would work
with SER and I could not find a decent one thus far. Most of them (at least
six providers) I found seem to only work with Asterisk or UA like ATA186,
and their approach with ppl using SER are "if it works, it works; if not,
too bad, find another service provider, we are not going to look into why
our system does not work with SER". Most of them said their gateways are
SIP-compliant, then why would it be so hard for their gateways to work with
SER? There are three providers listed in onsip.org and I tried one of them,
but I pretty much get no response on my support questions.

Do most of you build your own gateway(s) to use with your SER platform? If
someone is working with reliable termination provider(s) and would like to
recommend them to me, please email me. Thank you very much.

to offer.
first two months FREE*.