[Serusers] Loose routing question

Martin Koenig martin.koenig at toplink-plannet.de
Fri May 6 12:11:23 CEST 2005

Hello,

from my experience, the following setup works securely for a proxy that
wants to be:

a) NOT an outbound proxy
b) RFC3261 compilant loose router

if (loose_route() && has_totag() && method != "REGISTER") {
  t_relay();
}

IMHO, it doesn't make much sense to make the same machine a outbound
proxy and local registrar, because you will most likely run into NAT
problems. One needs direct signaling between user and proxy.

Regards,
Martin