[Serusers] I need to alter and duplicate REGISTER saves

Jerome Martin jmartin at western.fr
Wed May 4 19:28:22 CEST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Alan Litster wrote:

>Doing it the way you've suggested would mean modifying the From and To

Indeed. I already tried that, using the replace() / replace_all()
textops functions, but I could not even manage to have the header
modified. It just did nothing at all ....

Besides, in the recent thread Re: [Serusers] HF replace, someone said
that modifying From: and To "is not allowed".

But I am wondering ... ain't it the "Contact:" header which is used by
register.so/usrloc.so ?

>fields, then doing a save. This should in theory all the UAC to register on
>the two addresses, it could get a little messy.

I agree. I anticipate a few issues on that side.

>An alternative would be to create an alias, this would be fine if you knew
>before hand what format they would register with.

Well, I know which server will send what format, and I can afford to
hardcode the IPs in the ser.cfg. But after reading the section about
aliases in the ser Admin's manual, I must confess it is not clear for
me. Could you elaborate on that idea ?