[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] Patched free-TLS implementation

Alex Mack amack at fhm.edu
Wed May 4 18:28:39 CEST 2005

Hi Cesc!

I tried your previuos suggestions on changing cleint certificate check.
I'm now running SSL_VERIFY_NONE. MS Messenger works again. But the snom
still fails.
Ethereal tells me the server doesn't ask for a client certificate any
more. Ethereal also shows that "Cipher Suite: TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA"
was selected. So far so good, but the snom still rejects the Server
Hello with an Alert.

What else have you changed? The original version worked with the snoms.

BTW patch throws some warnings:

# patch -i patch.core.cfg.files.diff
patching file cfg.y
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file cfg.y.rej
patching file cfg.lex
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file cfg.lex.rej

cfg.y.rej reads:
***************
*** 1,5 ****
  /*
-  * $Id: cfg.y,v 1.2 2005/01/06 14:35:10 sam Exp $
   *
   *  cfg grammar
   *
--- 1,5 ----
  /*
+  * $Id: cfg.y,v 1.4 2005/05/03 08:16:35 cesc Exp $
   *
   *  cfg grammar
   *

cfg.lex.rej reads:
***************
*** 1,5 ****
  /*
-  * $Id: cfg.lex,v 1.2 2005/01/06 14:35:10 sam Exp $
   *
   * scanner for cfg files
   *
  /*
+  * $Id: cfg.lex,v 1.3 2005/04/11 08:18:31 cesc Exp $
   *
   * scanner for cfg files
   *

Seems to be a minor mismatch, it compiles well anyway.

Alex Mack