[Serusers] starting SER problem!!!

Victor Huertas Garcia vhuertas at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 16:53:39 CEST 2005

Hi all,

this issue is linked to the one regarding the accounting through MySQL.

I have already modified the Makefile of the acc module an compiled it in
order to generate a new acc.so.
i have replace the old acc.so with the new one in the SER modules folder.

the problem is that when I try to restart the SER, actually it doesn't. The
LOG file says the following:

connect_db():Too many connections
db_init(): ...

Search for an solution in old messages from this mailing list I have found
out that I have to rename a .CNF file to "my.cnf" and copy it in the etc/
folder of my Linux (SuSE 8.2). Then you have to edit it and add the
following line: set-variable = max_connections = 500.

Well, I did it but the result is exactly the same. Is something I am doing
wrong?

Thank you very much in advance.

Victor