[Serusers] Failure_route and Current URI Set

Aaron W walsham at gmail.com
Tue May 3 22:29:41 CEST 2005

I want to allow users to have multiple numbers that they can be found
at. For example, I want to have SER ring my SIP phone first, then my
cell phone, then department admin, and finally my voicemail.  However,
a different user may want to first ring his sip phone, then Dave's SIP
phone and then to voice mail.

I created a custom table called "followme" and in it I have two
columns, username and newusername.  In my failure_route[1] I call
exec_dset("junk at junk.com;/etc/ser/follow $USER") and it will return
the correct value.  This works pretty well as long as the returned
value is an external number that I pass off to the PBX.  However, I
want to be able to do one of two things.  1) I want to run the
returned value through Lookup(location)  2) I want to have condition
statements based on the returned URI.  For example I want to have: if
(uri =~"^xyz@)

I think the issue is that the exec_dset really does an append branch,
so that the original URI is not changed.  I already have found taht I
need the junk at junk.com in my exec_dset command so taht SER recongizes
a new branch.  But how can I work with that branch?

I hope this makes sense....

Aaron