[Serusers] ser and asterisk

G.Marshall g.marshall at dalmany.co.uk
Tue May 3 19:54:35 CEST 2005

I appreciate this has probably been asked time and time before, but I can
not find any documentation on it which works in my situation.  I have
tried nathelper.cfg, rtp.cfg, al.cfg but to no avail.  I have even tried
home grown cfg's

     |---------sipsak for external registration

     |        rtpproxy
    \|/          +
sip server <->  ser <-> asterisk
                 ^         ^
                 |         |
                \|/       \|/
           sip phone      mgcp/iax phone

The ser and asterisk programs are running on the same box.  This box has
an external and internal interface.  ser listens to 5060, asterisk sip
listens to 5061.  Internal phones connect to the internal interface of
this box.  I used fix_nated_contact to modify the contact header, however,
looking at the xlog output this does not appear to be happenning.
/usr/local/sbin/ser[7077]: time [Tue May  3 17:04:33 2005] method
<REGISTER> r-uri <iptel.tgfslp.dalmany.co.uk> src_ip <192.168.4.5> contact
header <Line A <sip:5561 at 192.168.4.5:5061>;expires=3600>

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Unfortunately, I need this setup to proxy rtp through the box.

Many thanks,

Spencer