[Serusers] Loose routing question

Tue May 3 09:14:30 CEST 2005

Yes, this is indeed a great problem. It is not easy to authenticate
loose_route processed messages. e.g. the following example:

a at a.com calls b at b.com. b forwards the request to c at c.com. Now, proxy c
should check if messages are allowed to be loose_routed. But the To: and
From: headers only include the domains a and b, never c. This,
authenticating the calls is not possible.

For all loose_routed reuqest, I check if there is a to-tag present. If
yes -> relay the request. Faked to-tag will be detected by the gateway
and should be rejected: cisco does :-), AFAIK asterisk does not :-(

If there is not tog-tag, I will reject the request.

This solution is fine aslong as you are not using asterisk as gateway.

regards,
klaus