[Serusers] NAT with multiple SERs

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon May 2 16:45:05 CEST 2005

Greger V. Teigre writes:

 > The other option is to always use the SER server where the client
 > registered for INVITEs to that client.

that would be ok for load balancing but not for redundancy, i.e., if
client's ser dies, the other cannot be used as backup.

 > Thus, faking Path by using src_ip and storing the location in different
 > tables.

if you like to do that with two proxies, i don't think you would need
two tables, since you could check if FL_MEM flag is set for the contact
and if so, forward the request to the other proxy.

 > Of course, you will still have dependency on a single server for all users
 > registered on that server.

exactly.

 > Thus, you must use a Linux HA type setup (or what
 > I would prefer: Let each public IP delivered by _sip SRV by the virtual IP
 > of an LVS-based cluster as discussed in the above thread).

i need to check your thread in case you have a LVS based solution that
works.

-- juha