[Serusers] NAT with multiple SERs

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Mon May 2 14:26:14 CEST 2005

Jan Janak wrote:
> You can redirect the REGISTER request to the 2nd server. SER-1 receives
> a REGISTER and processes it with save_noreply(). It then redirects the
> REGISTER method to the 2nd server using sl_send_reply("301", "Moved
> Permamently"); The 2nd server will detect that the REGISTER has been
> redirected and will generate 200 OK (a parameter in the request-uri
> could be used for the detection).

Nice idea, but unfortunately it isn't supported by our ATAs (Mediatrix
2102) and linphone for example. Both don't send another register to the
address given in the Contact-Header.

The only solution I currently see is Juha's idea with relaying an
OPTIONS via the second SER, but it also doesn't work because of the
Via-Header added by SER.
Isn't there a way to tell SER to NOT insert a Via when relaying the
OPTIONS request?

Andy