[Serusers] SEMS and silence supresison

Dave Bath dave at fuuz.com
Wed Mar 30 20:28:42 CEST 2005

Hey guys,

This might be the wrong list for this... but I'm trying to find a large
scale multi-user conferencing system which supports silence suppression.
Asterisk works well enough in terms of supporting a large number of
users being able to connect to the same "room" simultaneously, but there
are a lot of posts about it not supporting silence suppression... which
from empirical evidence appears to be true!

Does anyone know if SEMS properly supports silence suppression (i.e. in
both directions... if no-one in the conference is saying anything (as
unlikely as that might be.. then there's no data sent to UAs) ?

On a slightly different note, having not looked into the code yet, does
anyone have any ideas how easy it is to implement new codecs in SEMS?

Once again, if I've posted to the wrong list, sorry about that.... I'm
sure someone will redirect me..

Many thanks for all the work and useful help I've got from this list
over the last year or so.

Cheers!

Dave