[Serusers] parallel forking best practice?

Jev jev at ecad.org
Tue Mar 29 20:54:49 CEST 2005

Jan Janak wrote:
> On 23-02 08:00, Jev wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>For the 0_9_0 branch, what is the 'best practice' for implementing
>>parallel forking?
>>
>>We used to be able to point one alias at several accounts, but that
>>feature has regressed.
>

>   It is still possible in 0.9.0, just make sure that you have a single
>   alias pointing to several destinations. lookup would automatically add
>   all of them to the destination set and t_relay would fork the request.

Hi Jan,

I only got around to testing this today!

You are right, it does work. But the serctl shell script checks for
overlapping aliases in the function check_alias() on line 247
(rel_0_9_0), which prevents me from adding many targets to a single alias.

Removing that block allows me to add one to many aliases.

Would it be reasonable to remove that block? See attached patch for your
convenience.

All the best,
-Jev