[Serusers] re-INVITE and bye

Marian Dumitru marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro
Sat Mar 26 13:05:15 CET 2005

Hi Kaiser,

First of all if it's about an existent call, the UA must send only BYE,
not CANCEL (at t1).
Anyhow if a re-INVITE is received after BYE was sent, it must be
rejected by the UA. Re-INVITEs are requests within dialog, and via BYE
the UA close the dialog, so the re-INVITE will not match any dialog.
So definitely it will not be a new call.

Best regards,
Marian

kaiser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question that if a proxy send a re-invite to a UA, and almost
> at that moment, UA hangup. If network is slow, the packet delay could
> cause a funny situation. That UA ring after hangup...
> For example
>
> t0(0 sec):proxy send reinvite to UA to a existed call
> t1(0.1 sec):UA send BYE or Cancel to proxy, because user hangup,
> t2(0.2 sec):UA receive the reivite from proxy.
>
> at this senario, UA receives an re-invite "INVITE" ,   would this
> reinvite cause the IP-phone ring when "hangup"?
> Of course, this is not always happen, but it could be happen, right? The
> Cseq is different, UA would treat the re-invite as a new call.  Is it right?
>
> best regard
> kaiser

Voice System
http://www.voice-system.ro