[Serusers] Restrict registration to one user per login

Java Rockx javarockx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 16:16:25 CET 2005

We're shipping UTstarcom iAN-02EX ATAs and these are fully remote
configurable as they query our Apache farm for their configuration
upon bootup (based on their MAC address).

So we have full control of the customer IAD, and the customer doesn't.

For softphones --- this is bad. Xten (eyebeam) AFAIK, do not have a
way to remotely configure them and therefore you have to give the SIP
proxy UID and PWD to the customer and we decided under no
circumstances will this be done on our network.

The solution for a softphone is to find one that will remotely
configure like the UTstarcom IAD. We're not shipping softphones so I
can't really help you there.

Regards,
Paul