[Serusers] Whats the problem with realm in auth_radius module?

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Mar 22 22:05:12 CET 2005

Marian Dumitru wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Maybe the realm you specify in script doesn't match the realm used by
> the client in credentials. If you are running in debug mode (debug>=6)
> try to sniff after logs like

It has always been like this with our SER servers.  Client registers to
"sip.mydomain.com", but in ser.cfg we have
www_authorize("mydomain.com").  It has never posed a problem with MySQL,
but it does not work with a Radius Config.  For example on the Sipura
devices there is a parameter called PROXY which we fill out with
"sip.mydomain.com".  I don't see how that PROXY parameter could be
filled with just "mydomain.com", unless we were using SRV records.

>     "pre_auth(): Credentials with given realm not found"
>
> Anyhow, you could use no domain in script, but to set for "auth"
> module the "realm_prefix" to "sip."

I am not aware of the realm_prefix parameter.  Were can I find a usage
description of it?  The auth module readme has noting on it.
Thanks,

--
Andres
Network Admin