[Serusers] SER Proxy and SIP Redirect

Marian Dumitru marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro
Tue Mar 22 21:20:58 CET 2005

Hi Erin

So, your problem sounds like: you have these 155,000 NPA/NXX prefixes
and for each of them a GW or set of GWs to route through. Right?

If so, there are 2 solution:

1) use the SIP redirector which will generate a SIP redirect to the
GW(s) to be used. In this case, from SER script, mark the INVITE before
sending it to the Redirector and when the redirect comes (looking to the
mark you will know for sure who generated the redirect and it's not
coming from another SIP entity) use the future SER UAC redirection
feature and send the INVITE the GW mentioned in contact.

2) integrate the redirection logic into SER (to avoid this redirect
mechanism) - not sure what kind of logic the Redirector implements, but
if it's about prefixes translating into GW address(es), you can use
something similar to PDT or LCR modules.

I hope I brought some light on to the problem.

Best regards,
Marian

--
Voice System