[Serusers] Troubles calling from a Nated UA to a PSTN gateway on a Public address space using SER 0.9.1 and Mediaproxy Release 1.2.1

Alberto Cruz acruz at tekbrain.com
Tue Mar 22 20:02:25 CET 2005

Hi everybody I having a weird behavior with
Mediaproxy I'm using SER 0.9.1 and Mediaproxy Release 1.2.1
The Gateway is a Cisco AS5300 using release 12.2(15)T

I have a UA using behind a NAT, the PSTN gateway and the SER server both
    are using public IP addresses.

The behaviors are the following:
1. When I tried to place a call from a NATed UA to the PSTN gateway I'm
not receiving the call progress tone or ring back tone at the NATed UA.
2. If I decide to wait until the call is completed (doesn't matter if a
heard death air as progress tone) I start hearing the calling
party as soon the call is completed and we can talk each other without
any troubles.
3. If I cancel the call and hang up the phone at the NATed UA before the
call is completed (during the call progress stage) the SER/Mediaproxy
don't cancel the call it still in progress until it is completed or
cancelled by the PSTN.

I'm attaching my ser configuration and the logging I'm getting when I
cancel the call before it's completed.

Please Help me to know how to fix this If I'm making some mistake with
mediaproxy or routing configuration at the ser configuration.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards

Alberto Cruz