[Serusers] SIP Express Router and Microsoft LCS question

Jared Cluff jbcluff at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:41:51 CET 2005

We use the Microsoft LCS server at my work as our primary Instant Messaging platform.  However we also have a Jabber-1.4.2 server running the XMPP protocol for IM within my specific group.  We utilize this mostly for the chatroom functionality but have been trying to find a way to get our Jabber server to exchange messages with the LCS server.  SER seems to support gateway functionalities of translating messages from XMPP to SIMPLE but I am aware that Microsoft's LCS has sort of hi-jacked the SIMPLE protocol with a proprietary implementation.  Is anybody on this list familiar with Microsofts LCS and SER to know if they can cooperate in exchanging messages?  If they can, are there any sample configurations and topologies that I can evaluate on this?