[Serusers] Anonymization/uac-module questions

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Fri Mar 18 11:04:25 CET 2005

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Andreas Granig wrote:
>> Is it save for anonymization to alter the Contact-Header in SER if
>> record_route() is used to strip the username/IP? If not, how do you
>> accomplish this correctly?
>
> This is bad as the callee doesn't know anymore where to send other
> requests (e.g. BYE).

Well, maybe one could replace the contact data, like the uac module does
with the From-Header, and since record_route() is used, subsequent
requests will hit the proxy again where the header could be restored.

>> And is there a way to modify the SDP body to change the o-Field to
>> change/remove the IP of the owner/creator?
>
> subst()

I thought this only works with the SIP header. Thanks.

> IMO you can't get real anonymity without a B2B UA.
>   if(is_user_in("From", "clir")) {
>     t_relay to asterisk box which strips IDs
>   }

This is exactly what I try to avoid ;o)

Thanks,
Andy