[Serusers] Hold/Unhold doesn't work with NATed clients with rtpproxy in some case...

jimmy jimmy_huang at uni.com.tw
Fri Mar 18 03:10:21 CET 2005

Hi:

  I had a very basic doubt with respect to the function "hold/unhold" on ser
with rtpptoxy and kphone.

Do nathelper and rtpproxy currently support hold/unhold function (with
kphone 4.1.0) with nated clients ?

Or do they have other methods to acheive that function?

  In my test, I put rtpproxy and ser in same pc, and two UACs are behind
that pc,

When I use hold/unhold, most time it works but some times it doesn't work

  I checked the ethereal log, it seems that the fail happens only when

1. hold function last less than 60 seconds.

2. once the re-invite's rtp port in SDP announced by client has been changed

   to different rtp port (different from original rtp port).

So it seems rtpproxy doens't knows the ports come from both UACs have
changed...

and didn't forward UACs' rtp packets.

Here is the question I have conclude from above description

1. While receive the re-invite message, will ser recheck the port in SDP

   and announce rtpproxy again?

2. Is this the limitation of Ser+rtpproxy with NATed UACs?

3. Does there has any suggestion that can make this function works?

   (ser+nathelper+rtpproxy with function hold/uhhold)

Thanks and best regards

Jimmy