[Serusers] Ser installation

Simon Miles simon at SystemsRM.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 12:53:36 CET 2005

Bui,

There is a "Getting Started" guide on www.ONsip.org. We are about to
update the document on Monday to cover MySQL support, but here is a
snippet of text from it. There will also be a complete ser.cfg file that
shows how it should be configured.

To support MySQL, three steps are needed :-

1.	Modify the source, rebuild and reinstall the binaries
2.	Modify MySQL to support the database and tables needed
3.	Modify the ser.cfg to use the database

All the source has already been loaded, what we need to change is the
Makefile so that we now include the MySQL module. Edit the file
src/sip_router/Makefile and at the line starting 'exclude_modules?='
remove the reference to mysql. Save the file and then recompile the code
with the command 'make all'. Reinstall the binaries by taking root
privileges and executing 'make install'.

MySQL needs to be modified to support the ser database and tables. Again
take on root privileges and execute 'make dbinstall'. You will be asked
for the root MySQL password and also the realm that you want. This is
configurable, but normally you use the IP address of the sip server.

Now replace the 'ser.cfg' file with the one that supports MySQL and
restart the sip server.

Simon