[Serusers] request queue

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Mar 15 19:04:15 CET 2005

On Mar 15, 2005 at 16:42, kcassidy at kakelma.mine.nu <kcassidy at kakelma.mine.nu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   I have a strange problem with my ser-0.8.14.  I noticed that sometimes
> it's very slow in responding to requests (e.g. INVITES).  After tinkering
> around, I saw my UDP queue gets filled up (netstat -an). The only fix I
> have right now is to restart the process.  Then the problem will come up
> again around 1-2 days.  I have around 40 registered users, and tried
> setting  the  children parameter in ser.cfg to different numbers like 4,6,
> and 10.  But  still having the problem.

A possible cause could be blocking dns lookups.

When you see the queues fill up again try to attach with gdb to the
corresponding ser process (gdb ser pid).  You can see the pid using
netstat -anp. Send me the output of the bt (gdb command). It should tell
what that ser process is doing.

Also for debugging run it with very few children (2, 3). If it's
something that blocks the processes, this should make it happen faster
:-)

Andrei