[Serusers] HELP: re-INVITE Sometimes Not Processed Properly

Java Rockx javarockx at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:46:59 CET 2005

Hi All.

I really need some help here. Attached is a call log between my
ser-0.9.1 sip proxy and a third party Sonus PSTN gateway.

The call was originated on a SIP phone so the Sonus gateway sends
re-INVITE messages during the call.

The problem is that the re-INIVITE is not properly processed and
therefore the PSTN gateway sends a BYE message (not shown).

I'm using Juha's LCR module because we have multiple PSTN gateways.

Anyhow, it seems like this is happening:

INVITE sent to PSTN gateway
PSTN GW sends 180 Ringing
PSTN GW sends 200 OK, which is sent to the SIP UA
SIP UA replied with ACK, which is sent to the PSTN GW
Time Elapses
PSTN GW sends re-INVITE, which is sent to the SIP UA
SIP UA replies with 200 OK, which is sent to the PSTN GW
PSTN GW sends another re-INVITE
PSTN GW sends an ACK, which is sent to the SIP UA
re-INVITE (received immediated before the ACK) is sent to the SIP UA

And the call falls apart from here.

It's like some sort of timing issue where another INIVITE is recieved
before the ACK.
My timers in ser.cfg are as follows:

modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 22)
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", 27)
modparam("tm", "wt_timer", 5)
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer_avp", "inv_timeout")

Can anyone give a pointer please? I'm 100% lost on this one.

Regards,
Paul