[Serusers] Mediaproxy consuming RAM resources.

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Fri Mar 11 21:01:59 CET 2005

Hello list.
I was looking the process in my SER sip-proxy with the mediaproxy running.
Every time i look, the percetage of used RAM is increasing.  It seems like
for some reason mediaproxy is not releasing the resources used in RAM.  You
can look this in the next lines :

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU COMMAND
1952 root      15   0  284M 266M  1628 S     0.0      26.4  19:22   0
mediaproxy.py

Can someone tell me if this is a bug of mediaproxy or maybe a
missconfiguration in my ser.cfg?

I want to ask a question regarding to tear down sessions with mediaproxy
also.  In my ser.cfg i have :
     if (loose_route()) {
                if (method=="BYE" || method=="CANCEL")  {
                        log(1, "NAT: BYE o CANCEL recibido --> terminando la
sesion de media\n");
                        end_media_session();
                        setflag(1);
                };
                t_relay();
                break;
        };

Is this ok?  I think in some cases (i'm still unable to determine which
ones), SER does not tear down a mediaproxy session.  You can see for example
this two session, both of them were ended, but it seems to be active even
before that. (i ommited the source, via and destination IP's in the output
of the session.py)

Status       Duration  Codec    Type   Traffic
---
hold (2430)    40'40"  G729     Audio  11.53k/29.58k/18.45k
inactive        0'02"  Unknown  Audio  0/0/0

Can someone tell me what's happening?
I'm runnig :
[root mediaproxy]# ./mediaproxy.py --version
mediaproxy.py 1.0

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Ricardo M.