[Serusers] Voip Solution advice

Fri Mar 11 09:17:50 CET 2005

Hi Barry!

A one server setup is simple. Use ser+serweb and you are done. For
multiple server it depends an what do you want to achieve. There is nood
need to have the subscribtion on several servers. Setting up serweb on
one server should be sufficient.

Using rtpproxy it makes sense to distribute the servers if you expect a
worldwide community.

As long as there aren't millions of user, I would setup 1 server on your
main location (ser+rtpproxy+serweb+asterisk), and maybe a second server
with rtpproxy only on a second location (depending on the
round-trip-times inside New Zealand).

We have a one server setup with 1000 users. ser+asterisk
(voicemail,conference)+db on the same PC without any performance issues:
# uptime
   load average: 0.17, 0.10, 0.09

Thus, as long as the delays for the RTPproxy will not heavily effect
voice quality, I would stay with a 1 server setup.

regards,
klaus