[Serusers] problem with serwev confirmation...

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Thu Mar 10 20:57:10 CET 2005

Barry,

(We seem to be meeting on more than one mailing list today!)

 From your output below, the fifo has owner 777, not permissions 777 -
perhaps you were doing chown when you meant chmod?

The fifo needs to be writeable by the user your web server is running
as. On my lab system, it's:

prw-rw-rw-  1 root root 0 Feb 21 10:53 /tmp/ser_fifo

To get this, run the following commands as root:

chown root.root /tmp/ser_fifo
chmod 0666 /tmp/ser_fifo

On production systems, I like to make a 'ser' group, put the ser and
http server users in it, then chmod 0660 instead of 0666.

Leaving the user in the pending table is a bit ugly, but the system will
probably still work. You may care to fire up the mysql command line
client, and do a 'delete from pending' when you know there's no-one in
the queue.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
Telephony, Database, Unix consulting worldwide
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/