[Serusers] Session-Expires Header

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Wed Mar 9 11:04:15 CET 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 02:17, Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> At 11:04 PM 3/8/2005, Nils Ohlmeier wrote:
> >Both UA's have to support the Session-Timer draft, otherwise the inserted
> >Session-Expires Header will simply be ignored and you will never see any
> >re-INVITE's. But if both UA's support the Session-Timer they should
> > normaly agree on using automatically by looking at the Supported header.
> > So in my opinion there is no extra value in adding a Session-Expires
> > header to a request at a proxy.
>
> That's actually not correct. It is sufficient in one UA supports ST. It is
> up to proxy server to handle the case correctly. We do that and there are
> reasonable use cases.

I did not wanted to write down this special case, but I feared that someone
will come up with it :-)
But in this special case you will also have to watch out for the replies, if
they contain a Session-Expires header. The draft gives a fairly good overview
what a new SER module would have to do ;-) (although it should also be doable
in the script itself).

Greetings
  Nils