[Serusers] Session-Expires Header

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Tue Mar 8 23:04:20 CET 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 22:54, Java Rockx wrote:
> Pardon me for asking such simple questions, but is the answer for
> generating re-INIVITE messages to simply use SIP clients that support
> the header in its configuration?

Both UA's have to support the Session-Timer draft, otherwise the inserted
Session-Expires Header will simply be ignored and you will never see any
re-INVITE's. But if both UA's support the Session-Timer they should normaly
agree on using automatically by looking at the Supported header. So in my
opinion there is no extra value in adding a Session-Expires header to a
request at a proxy.

  Nils