[Serusers] SER+SERWEB+presence

Zeus Ng zeus.ng at isquare.com.au
Mon Mar 7 01:49:43 CET 2005

See reply inline.

> Sorry i ever sent this mail last week without reply.

Then wait for a week or two before reposting and not to cross posted.

> I do hope somebody could help me.
>
> I set up ser + serweb + asterisk with 2 ip300 Polycom.
> ip300 Polycom supporting SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY/MESSAGE
> methods.
> When i set one phone offline (phone is powered and
> registered in location table) i can't store IM in
> msilo table.IM is sent to phone.

Add the MESSAGE method in your failure route to handle this situation.
Something similar to:

 if (method == "MESSAGE") {
    if (m_store("1")) {
        t_reply("202", "Accepted");
    } else {
        t_reply("503", "Service Unavailable");
    };
    break;

> if i switch off phone IM is stored in msilo table but
> when I switch on the phone IM is not dumped to phone.

Have you call m_dump() somewhere near your REGISTER block. This is how the
IM in msilo being sent to your UA.

> Can we use presence (subscribe/notify) in order to
> store IM and missed calls in serweb because of
> hardphones don't have to be switched off !?

What exactly do you want to do? No offence but can you rephrase the
sentence. I can hardly understand what you are trying to achieve.