[Serusers] SER Message waiting indicator light Cisco 7940/7960

Java Rockx javarockx at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:03:35 CET 2005

Since the SIP UA is registered with SER you'll need to have Asterisk
send a NOTIFY message to the user by means of SER.

So you can send the NOTIFY to SER with a <From:> header as asterisk
and the <To> / R-URI as the Cisco UA.

FYI, we do this using sipsak to send the NOTIFY to ser. This is
triggered either using the externnotify parameter in the Asterisk
voicemail.conf file and by CRON for periodic MWI updates.

Regards,
Paul