[Serusers] SER 0.9.3 stable? Coredump!

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Jun 30 13:16:58 CEST 2005

On Jun 30, 2005 at 00:57, Roger Lewau <roger.lewau at serverhallen.com> wrote:
> Hello I just upgraded my ser 0.9.2 to ser 0.9.3 stable and it just coredumps
> on me.
> It seems to be a database issue because original ser.cfg works as long as
> athentication is not enabled. Enable it and ser dumps...

I've tried to reproduce it on FreBSD 5.3, but it works ok for me.

> Jun 30 00:51:47 ns2 ser[38150]: Maxfwd module- initializing
> Jun 30 00:51:48 ns2 kernel: pid 38150 (ser), uid 0: exited on signal 11
> (core dumped)

Could you send a backtrace? (gdb ser core   and then bt)

> I even completely cleaned my system and installed everything from scratch
> again... still same error.

Did you re-create the database, or a are you using an already existing
one?

> I use FreeBSD 5.4
> I use precompiled Ser 0.9.3 for FreeBSD
> I use MySQL Client 4.1.10a
> I use MySQL Server 4.1.10a

Could you also try to compile from sources, or from the port?
(cd sip_router/freebsd; make NO_CHECKSUM=1 install)
The pre-compiled version is for FreeBSD 5.3 (maybe there is some lib
problem).

Thanks,
Andrei