[Serusers] Autostart SER on Boot up.

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Tue Jun 28 10:21:33 CEST 2005

My memory is not good so check out the spelling....sorry but I am not on a linux machine and can not check the paths...

Put the ser executable (the one usually in /usr/local/sbin) in /etc/init.d (a link would be enough, depending on what you want).
Under /etc there are several directories that are used to start processes during startup, since I guess you are using runlevel 3, you should add a link in /etc/rc3.d/ to the ser application in /etc/init.d with special format: it has to start with the letter S, followed by two numbers and an arbitrary string: something like Sxxstring. The S stands for Start and the xx numbers indicate the order to start. The order is important!!! don't try to start ser before the networking or it will simply fail.
To gracefully stop ser you should add in /etc/rc0.d and /etc/rc6.d the appropriate Kyystring link.
Explore in the /rcM.d directrories to see how to make it working...

About the variable, just add in your home .bash_profile export SIP_DOMAIN="myserver...."

Hope it helps,

Samuel.

Unclassified.
>>> "Sebastian Kigelman" <sebastian at kigelman.com.ar> 06/28/05 03:28AM >>>
Hi!!.. Its my again!!!... As I tell you people, I am newy in the "SER
World", and I have a existential question: How can I stat SER automatically
during the machine startup?...

Also, I need to know where I can put the environment variable (export
SIP_DOMAIN="myserver.blah_blah.com") so I not need to type it on every
remote session that I start...

I am working in Debian Linux v2.4.27-2-386...

Any help will be very usefull for my...

 Zeva...