[Serusers] Serweb fatal error

Karel Kozlik karel at iptel.org
Mon Jun 27 09:04:22 CEST 2005

Hi,
you probably haven't enabled session support in your PHP.

 From PHP manual:

Installation
Session support is enabled in PHP by default. If you would not like to
build your PHP with session support, you should specify the
--disable-session option to configure. To use shared memory allocation
(mm) for session storage configure PHP --with-mm[=DIR] .

The windows version of PHP has built in support for this extension. You
do not need to load any additional extension in order to use these
functions.

Note:
By default, all data related to a particular session will be stored in a
file in the directory specified by the session.save_path INI option. A
file for each session (regardless of if any data is associated with that
session) will be created. This is due to the fact that a session is
opened (a file is created) but no data is even written to that file.
Note that this behavior is a side-effect of the limitations of working
with the file system and it is possible that a custom session handler
(such as one which uses a database) does not keep track of sessions
which store no data.